How to manage when a health crisis hits!

A brain tumor! Really? That was my thought last April 2012, when I was diagnosed with a 3 cm tumor in the left occipital my brain. What happened to simple illnesses such as a cold, or if that was not always my attention how about a less life-threatening disease? Of course, these are questions can not be answered, so I made a decision. I would be the best thing I could do, and use all the tools available to help to deal with me (medical and other ways) this crisis, to learn from it, grow with the experience and save me from him! This is the first of several articles. The process of healing and understanding how to sketch the most out of a health crisis 

My Story: It's Passover dinner for all participants to read traditional. When it came to my turn, I tried to read it and could not! Of course, I immediately went into denial. "I'm tired of all the cooking" and "I just got a new puppy." Now that does not make it a difference. What was my good friend Judy, who yelled at me to "call the doctor." "But I was in the middle of a TV show," I complained. You and my husband would not leave me alone, so I called. Two days later I had an MRI and 4 hours later I was up at Cedars Sinai Hospital with the best neurosurgeons in California. Three days later I was operated on to remove the tumor. 

The good news ... they have it all ... the bad news ... It was aggressive and I had to do radiation and chemotherapy pills for 6 weeks for 6 weeks. The protocol for the treatment takes 5 days chemotherapy pills every month for a year. I have also entered a clinical trial at Cedars Sinai for a vaccine, which will disable these cells. The result of the surgery is that I am healthy, but I am still not able to read or drive ... damn ... to employ more! I believe that we learn lessons from the crisis in our lives. I'm going to this important question in a future article. 

I told you, my "story" because I did not want that you know what happens to the stick. What is important is what I do. Upon them and the journey that I have to do on the last six months 

When first diagnosed, after the first wave of fear and concern, we move into action. We hear and decide who we want to be on our team doctors. There is a lot of pressure on everyone to do the "right". But what is right? How do you know what is right for you? The questions flood your brain. The tendency is to give the decision-making process about the doctors or family members. Do not do that! Stay cool. Feel the emotions that come. Then come back to yourself, your truth, your intelligence, and what you believe in. This is the only place where you can really hear. It was clear to me that I needed traditional and holistic treatment. I saw it as a full circle. Easy. Now I had to figure out what to include the circle. 

I knew that I did not need so that the fears about hiring a lawyer, a therapist who could keep me in line with my own. I knew that I was going to do the Western medical treatments, even though I've always leery of the traditional medical community. I took a leap of faith and realize that they are experts in the treatment of tumors that are expertly trained, and I would get a good advice and guidance. I heard my family and friends and made my own decisions. I checked all the options and idea that was presented to me. I believe that when an idea comes to me, I should pay attention. 

 It is an opportunity that may or may not be right for me. I chose yes to a nutritionist, even with my holistic doctor (which I had), and yes to a clinical trial for an anti-cancer vaccine. I decided not to acupuncture and some other therapies simply because I was overwhelmed with medical appointments. I of course said yes hypnosis and guided imagery. I have practiced hypnotherapy for 30 years and it is such a big part of me. The difference is that I (my friends), allowed me to work with other practitioners. I have heard some wonderful CDs and hypnosis is multi-faceted, that I do. Stress at work, anxiety, negativity and healing, relieving symptoms and strengthening my health 

My mindset was important. I chose a therapist that once the tumor is the crisis that caused it over and the healing was in progress believes. It resonated with me. I have never seen myself as being sick or unhealthy. 

The articles that follow will describe to you how I keep my strength, my strength and my patience. They will bring about different healing methods and how what is right for you. The last six months have been a journey of letting go, to get back what I took for granted compensation, so that worried me and receiving. I am learning to control my urge to be in control! This is the hardest job I have ever experienced. When I navigate through life, sometimes I feel like I am and do not get otherwise, and at other times I feel very wise and powerful. When friends, family, doctors, people I meet admire me, as I use that, I just smile softly....

Thank you for coming in Alternative Treatment Reviews and read the article about: How to manage when a health crisis hits! , help us to Shared this article. hopefully useful to us all.

Related Post