What is the Treatment for Flushing As a result of alcohol consumption?

So you are experiencing flushing after drinking alcohol? Most likely, your first reaction was embarrassment. Why do I? Well, there is a condition called Asian flush or Asian glow that exists and you may have heard of it. 

As the name suggests, this condition mainly affects people of Asian descent. Approximately 50% of the Asian population have this condition. The sufferers of Asian flush deficiency of a particular enzyme called ALDH2. This enzyme helps the alcohol in the liver. Long story short, because this enzyme is not doing its job, toxins in the body causes the flush to accumulate. 

The treatment for this type of flushing is not as simple as a pill. In fact, there is no recipe on the market that will cure this condition. Would not it be great if there that you can take a pill as a birth control pill to prevent your irrigation and drinking everything you want? Sorry, no such luck. 

I have Asian flush all of my adult life. For years I did not realize that there is something wrong with me. I felt the flush on my face and cheeks, but I ignored it. It was not until someone told me that my face was red and mentioned that he knew of other people who had the same problem. He said it was called Asian flush. I decided to do some research about this topic on the Internet. 


Based on my research, I have found that there are some ways to deal with Asian flush without the use of prescription drugs. There are "over the counter" drugs, food choices and special techniques to alleviate the symptoms that occur before drinking, will follow. 

There are over the counter medications such as Pepcid AC and Zantac, which seem to work a portion of the path. It is not a panacea, but it seems to help some patients with flushing. Pepcid AC and Zantac are H2 blockers. H2 blockers reduce acid in the stomach. Drinking alcohol increases stomach acid. So it has the effect alcohol has on the body of the sufferer. It definitely helps with reducing the symptoms but not a cure for this condition should be considered. 

There are food choices that will help in reducing the symptoms of Asian flush could. Eat complex carbohydrates such as bread, crackers and toast a good choice of food to help soak alcohol in the stomach. Also, cheese, poultry, eggs and milk will do the same and stay longer in your digestive system. Eating fruit or drinking fruit juice with fructose and a high concentration of vitamin C in accelerating the body's ability to metabolize alcohol support. 

These are a few techniques I used to help with the reduction of flushing. Today I continue to drink socially able, although I have Asian flush. It is to jump a hurdle, but it is possible to work through your problem with the right techniques....

Thank you for coming in Alternative Treatment Reviews and read the article about: What is the Treatment for Flushing As a result of alcohol consumption? , help us to Shared this article. hopefully useful to us all.

Related Post